Home Purchase Basics
Congratulations on your decision to buy a new home! There are many important things to consider throughout the process, especially if you’re a first-time homebuyer. Here’s some information that will keep you on track.
A home purchase may be your largest financial transaction ever, so it’s important to make the right decisions and to keep an eye on the details. With the help of your real estate agent and loan officer, it should be an efficient, exciting and ultimately rewarding experience.
Count On Your Real Estate Agent To:
- Preview available homes, weeding out those that are overpriced or undesirable in some other way.
- Present the homes that suit your needs as you’ve defined them.
Count On Your Mortgage Loan Officer To:
- Assist you in selecting the best loan to meet your personal situation and goals. (This single decision can save you thousands of dollars throughout the years!)
- Keep you informed of your loan status throughout the entire process.
- Keep your real estate agent informed of our loan progress (Note: your personal information is always kept confidential between you and us; only deal points and progress are shared).
- Get the appropriate loan for you at the best rates and fees. This will save you significant money up front and throughout the years to come.
Count On Yourself To:
- Keep your real estate agent informed of any questions or concerns as they develop.
- Keep the process moving by providing documentation and decisions as soon as reasonably possible. By doing so, you can take care of many requirements early in the process and comfortably concentrate on any last-minute details that require your attention.
- Enjoy purchasing your home, but remain objective throughout. Make the financial decisions that are best for you.